Skip to main content

Go On, Love Your Damn Self.


Hello readers? 
It's been a while since I wrote. Keep saying I shall, then I don't,  Lots of stuff I guess that clearly, that's not been worth it. :-) Bad choices I reckon.
I got to reading books again. The best decision of my life once again. A hobby I learned from my dad. Bury myself in the world of other peoples'  thoughts. Not a bad idea. Fictional and intelligent ones. These have shaped my thinking. I try to speak less, listen more. Act when need be. 
But yesterday, all this changed. I began to see a different me. Why shouldn't I speak my mind? Have my own mental notes?  Act in ways that would make me a better person for me and this bubbly  creature? Well...

Anyway, I diverse. Loving oneself. Something I rarely do.  Hmm, such a cliche right? Who doesn't? Well me...and a few others I know. Discovered that so many a times I have put others first. May it be family, boyfriend or friends, it's weird how I don't like hurting people and so I choose a further second place after everyone else. And No, am not Jesus. 

So this backward mentality has made me such a puppet. Always willing to please others in ways I think fits them. I spread and stretch to make them feel good about themselves. Heck, at the end of the day? Exhaustion, tears coupled with unfulfilled ambitions. I have come to realize that some situations in life push others to place you on a pedestal. Give you a title based on your experiences. Treat you badly just because they can. You become accustomed to being placed second. You become a mere rag. You become comfortable as second in the most obscene situations. You cease to think and reason. 
You become that puppet that makes them feel better about themselves. You let the psycho feed on your poor, beautiful, tied soul. You settle for less and becomes the ladder they get over on. 

Reminds me of this boyfriend I had. Who would literally check on how his ex was doing. Basically knew when she was sick or not. Gave her money for her ailing body. Yet I would believe there was nothing going on. Sat there and fed from the lies dripping from his painted "innocent" mouth. Or when he would flirt with his accountant, texts of how jealous he was of the husband. Just a flirt ..I was made to believe. Till I decided, you know what, am tired of being second.

So today I decided to be a bit tad different. Live as though am unique..ain't I?(Oh the obvious things I repeat to myself..funny) I bet being born a first born, I barely had time for me. Others were born soon after I could even learn to speak. And BAM BAM, I was forced to grow up. After completing my studies, decided to get married almost a year later. There I was! Caroline became a parent of two. A man with a beard and a little girl who saw me as her savior. Basically, no time for me. A routine I perfectly mastered. And all I became was the engineer who drilled others waaayyy ahead of herself. 

So from the disappointments of a bad economy, a relationship, a divorce, fake friends, work, it's time to  decide to let things go. Untie the bonds of low self evaluation on yourself too. 

I found a secret mission of some sort. An "alpha tigress mission". I put myself to look at myself better in the mirror. A more beautiful me. Not judged by my weight or career, not my religious beliefs or political inclination. I became a judge of myself. A good judge.  A better person. I have come to know that if I take this initiative for my life, then I will be able to accomplish my goals and live a foot print that will last a lifetime for my daughter.

"Confidence and esteem has nothing to do with how you react to what other people think of you", said Altucher.
 
People will always find ways to make you cover their dirty linen. Give you a title to make you less of a human being. Jobless, divorcee, baren, good-for-nothing. But always remember only you alone have the keys to your liberation. Also Read This

 You are a distant traveler, you've come along way to be here, to be with us for such a short and precious time.

Go on, love yourself, be with people who make you happy. 

Complete your mission.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who made us judge(s)?

"You looked at her and yelled out, Instantly never thinking of how, That may have made her feel. Did you ever stop to think that she, Dressed like that because of how it Made her feel?...." The poem reads in part. When I first read this poem, I said to myself, "oh jeez number one culprit of judgement". You see, am always judging people. I will make a comment in mind of how a woman has dressed,make a face and go "whatever" when someone looks at my legs. I have never really taken time to ask myself why a person is how they are. Am sure the throne of judgement gets sat on by each one of us..on a daily basis. Do you cringe when you see people kiss or hold hands in public? Whisper words like, "braggers", "she will get dumped". Do you find yourself laughing at a fat person and quickly judge her? "consequences of french fries", "how does one get that fat? Wasn't she checking?". Or when you see a man in sweat s

Through My Daughter's Eyes

I have a little angel in my house. A little pretty, flower girl that throws her hands up whenever I come home. A sign of appreciation and admiration I suppose. She's a bright little piece of art. Learning things very fast. Words, actions all in a manner that's a combination of pretty, witty, funny and cute. Yet she doesn't forget an action or word said. May it be an advert on tele, a weird random action I just did unknowingly. It sticks in her little mind.  Sticks and never goes away. So we mind our language whenever we are around her. We watch what we do, the programmes we subject her to, because whatever she sees, she copies and permanently pastes in her little head. Shes an awesome piece. She seems to appreciate life every time she wakes up. Giving off a soft mourn so that I can know she has just woken up. And when I do, she seems to tell me with her eyes. Well, mummy, am glad to be living. The brightness in her face and eyes are priceless. When in most cases I woul

Of Everything There Is

Am a fan. A huge fan of my mother. Cliche, right? But nop, my mum is one sole soul, I would actually wanna return on earth to be with. She is an amazing woman. I have no clue where she gets the strength to push on from. But I know she must be a bit unique to do so. I have had an amazing life experience. Having lived my life like a cat, nine lives may be an under statement. I have had all the things a woman can(or should). I have been lucky, and blessed I guess. I have seen the best of life, actually had the best in life, and have also lost the best of life. I tend to think of my life as a zipped folder. Archived in a way that only those close can take a glimpse and wonder or maybe disappear. But no, not my mother. She believes there's nothing new on earth. All things that happen have once happened. So nothing is ever new. Bad or good, she has weathered many storms to see me(and my siblings) beat the odds, literally. Being a woman is hard enough as it is. There are many things